Monday, May 5, 2014

Thoughts on the first day

I've only been in Berlin for half a day and I already know this is going to be a far greater adventure than I ever expected. In 12 hours, I've enough of the city to fall in love with it and eaten enough incredible food to know I'll be fat when I leave. In my opinion, totally worth it. 

We (Kat, Katreina, and I) arrived at Berlin Tegal at 7:10 am and met up with Janet, Sarah, Erin and Teryn a little later. It was then that I realized I had been awake for over 24 hours, and I couldn't help but look forward to getting into a bed at the lodge. Of course, Berlin had other plans.  

Everywhere I looked, some fascinating scene grabbed my attention and spiked my curiosity. Despite my exhaustion, I tried to pay as close of attention as I could to Janet as she answered my questions. Once we had ran a couple errands and scene just a hint of the city, we arrived at the lodge. 

The lodge is incredible. It's in a fantastic location with dozens of delicious little street food type cafés and loads of neat looking shops. There are tons of people on the streets, mostly young and hipster/punk looking. It's clean, comfortable, and spacious. But, needless to say, I doubt we'll be spending much time in here. 

After a couple of us grabbed a short nap, we went to an authentic German restaurant (surprisingly hard to come by in Berlin) and talked about some more of the details of our program. I won't give anything away, as future posts will do a better job than I, but I will say that we are going to be very busy. And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. 


Until next time,



Kenny H








2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you,Kenny! I love seeing the photos (of course!)

    Take in every minute of the trip and culture...you will never regret it!

    Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you go to the Arabic place on the corner for breakfast. It's cater-corner to the park where they have the Flohmarkt. Janet knows what I'm talking about! (We ate there on our first day last year.)

    ReplyDelete